Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is the best lure for trout. I like panther martins but i want to give something else a shot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mepps spinners. Rooster tails have always worked good for me. If not those you can make your own. Google Jim Bedford he makes his own.

Comment

Rooster tails. I love the yellow ones for brown trout, I have tried several other lures, but none have out competed the yellow rooster tail. My second favorite would have to be blue fox vibrex copper color. Also seems to work great for brown trout, and does a little bit better in faster water.

Comment

I love Panther Martin's, but overall, I've caught more trout w/ Rooster Tails. I keep a vast, and I mean VAST collection of both in my tacklebox, cuz trout are finicky buggers.

Comment

everybody uses spinners but i really think that copper castmasters are the best lures ever for trout of all species. All you need are a few different sizes for them then hold on tight!

Comment

i like using jigs for trout, i like trout magnets and shad darts work real well also

Comment

i drift and twitch small gulp! minnows. It avoids snags and the trout really nail em.

Comment

i usually use trout magnets or yo zuri pins minnow theyre jus lk the rapalas but they have better movments and invoke strikes more often

Comment

Trout magnets and berkley gulp worms on a trout magnet hook are good for stocked trout, also pins minnows work good in stocked streams as well. If you are fishin in a larger stream or river that holds bigger trout, try a lucky craft pointer american shad pattern, or a smithwick rogue in a silver pattern. Big browns wear em out.

Comment

The Fish Catcher is a great brass lure. Catches trout when nothing else does.

Comment

Rapala CD-7 Countdown in Gold

Comment

lucky lady artificial cheese worm, use a very small hook and two bb size split shots. tear the cheese worm in half and insert the small hook in where you tore the worm. pull the hook out on the flat side of the worm like your fishin a jig. reel slowly an twitch it across the pool any way. trout love em

Comment

The berkley trout worms in pink and the yo-zuri crstal minnows 3in. size both work wonders on trout and also bring out the big stuborn ones as well.

Comment

roster tails that are rainbow colored

Comment

Regular Rebels, both jointed and solid, work well
                              on trout, as does Rebel's excellent
                              Ghost Minnow!!!

Comment

For steelhead, my no. 1 lure is an about 2 in. storm minnow imitation in shad pattern. It almost always produces strikes for me and last year, I caught a 28 incher with it.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad