Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have a few mystery trout lures. They are like tiny money clips with hooks. Some are gold, some are silver. They all have red d

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The lures you have are Jakes Spin-a-Lures. They are the only lure resembling a money clip that has paint finish of red diamonds. I also am familar with super duper lures that resemble a money clip but they do not have a finish with red diamonds. I first bought Jakes-Spin-a-Lures at Lake Yellowstone Hotel general store after asking the store clerk what he recommended for the lake Yellowstone Cutthroats. He showed me the distinctive u-shaped Jake's lure (with one end of the top of the u-shaped lure bent inward)as to what the fish were hitting. I caught several nice cuttthroat the next 2 days my family spent their. Afterward I ordered more of the lures in gold and silver from compamy in Wyoming which makes Jake's Lures. Good Luck.

Comment

trout lures with shining details for attrakting fish ...i have 3

Comment

they are problubly super dupers mabey a spoon

Comment

Sounds like a Jakes lure. They are great, especially for lakes because they go deep but get hung up in rivers and streams often.

Comment

Jakes money clips is what i'v always called them. I first discovered them in yellowstone national park, they are Trout/Grayling Slayers. A helpful tip a older angler showed me with these is you can put pennies in them to get a further cast. Just make sure your line can handle the weight.

Comment

Jakes money clips is what i'v always called them. I first discovered them in yellowstone national park, they are Trout/Grayling Slayers. A helpful tip a older angler showed me with these is you can put pennies in them to get a further cast. Just make sure your line can handle the weight.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad