Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F&S just named a jig the worlds best lure. I have never used one. what kind and how would you use a jig when fishing for trout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F&S just named a jig the worlds best lure. I have never used one. what kind and how would you use a jig when fishing for trout

F&S; just named a jig the worlds best lure. I have never used one. what kind and how would you use a jig when fishing for trout in a stream or river?

i never used a jig
    or done much trout fishing
    ive caught a few
    while visitin tennesse
    but caught them on canned corn
    it works good u orta try it sometime

Comment

I like a white maribou jig for trout.

Comment

Use a small jig and maybe a split shot or two if you want to get depth. Cast upstream and work it through the current around a bank or past some laydowns.

Comment

The type of jig I like to use are Trout Magnets. You cast them into the current and just jig them in.

Comment

instead of a jig you could use a round floating attractor just above your hook baited with a crawler. it gives the same appearance a jig head does but it's eaiser to find the proper wieght using split shots instead re-tying different sized jigs. (very inexpensive also)

Comment

i forgot to mention that the floating attractor keeps your bait floating a hair off the bottom. and if you use snap weights you don't get that rat-tat-tat on the bottom and it's easier to distinguish bites.

Comment

You can use a small jig tipped with a minnow!

Comment

Find someplace where a bunch of logs are laying across the river walk across the logs until you see water that is so deep it is black. jig vertically

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad