Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I went trout fishing yesterday in what's said to be a hot spot but with no luck. I've been told though that the fish there were

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I went trout fishing yesterday in what's said to be a hot spot but with no luck. I've been told though that the fish there were

I went trout fishing yesterday in what's said to be a hot spot but with no luck. I've been told though that the fish there were stocked, so is it possible to fish out a trout stream with stocked trout.

yes but they have gotten smart since they watch their friends get pulled out of the water.

Comment

Even if the fishermen hit the river as the stocking truck pulls away, then it is possible that they removed MOST of the stocked fish, but certainly not all of them. Some of the fish got hooked but escaped, or they broke the line, or they were released after being netted. These fish will stop feeding for a few days, cuz their mouth hurts! In the meantime, they'll move around and find a sheltered spot where they don't feel so exposed. They may even discover that there's food drifting by them all the time (bugs & whatnot). In other words, they will very quickly discover what it means to live and feed like a wild trout. To catch those fish, you're just going to have to get more creative.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad