Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i had caught a crayfish and i was wondering if i should use it for bait?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beaverlog
    replied
    If you use dead crayfish put them on a jig

Leave a comment:

• babsfish4life
    replied
    If you want to catch the bigger fish, use the crayfish you catch. But check regs, some places it has to be dead.

Leave a comment:

• hothar
    replied
    Have, not infrequently, found 3 to 6 inch, still digesting craws in big browns.

Leave a comment:

• zuchu
    replied
    I agree with everyone above. There are big meat portions in both claws and the largest meat portion lies in the but. You can attempt to get a big guy and just hook the crawdad through the tail, or you can remove the claws and break at the joint, exposing that meat to fish for littler guys. Then simply fish the remainder of the crawdad without the claws.

Leave a comment:

• Skeeb
    replied
    Excellent bait for smallies AND sometimes big trout. Just hook it through the tail and get ready to start reeling!

Leave a comment:

• Beekeeper
    replied
    Excellent bait!

Leave a comment:

• matouse3
    replied
    You bet, hook him through the meat of the tail and keep him off the bottom and moving. They love to crawl back into the rock/weeds and hide.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Try it once and you'll wish you had a bucket full.

Leave a comment:

• DeepWoodsHunter55
    replied
    I would use it.

Leave a comment:

• steve182
    replied
    great bait

Leave a comment:

• hunterkid94
    replied
    definatly. i catch bass on em all the time and my lil bro caught his first catfish on a crawdad tail.

Leave a comment:

• MLH
    replied
    Oh, yes! But get enough of them and just cook them up for dinner! Excellent eating.

Leave a comment:

• rocky d bashaw
    replied
    yes good bait,buckhunter knows

Leave a comment:

• buckhunter
    replied
    I hook them in the tail.

Leave a comment:

• shane
    replied
    Oh yeah.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad