Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• catchmorefish
    replied
    Try a fly or a spinner, if you find any deeper holes fish those the trout are usually in the holes.

Leave a comment:

• hothar
    replied
    For trout, I'd use 00, or 0 Mepps, gold, silver, or copper. unweighted crawelers -- sometimes add a nymph weight if current fast, or a single egg with a nymph weight, all with 2 lb line. I can't say never, but don't recall catching brookies or browns on red eggs. Have had browns take yellow or salmon-colored eggs. Also have had luck with Muddler minnow or weighted streamers.

Leave a comment:

• buckhunter
    replied
    I like crickets if you are using live bait.

Leave a comment:

• bscoones
    replied
    Worm or streamer under the banks. Stay low and fish up stream if the water is clear they will spook being right on top of them.

Leave a comment:

• steve182
    replied
    i've used salmon eggs in a stream like that with good success, or grub worms

Leave a comment:

• MB915
    replied
    Depends what kind of trout. If brook trout, cant go wrong with a dry fly. They are very agressive and will hit almost anything in the summer months. Plus a blast to catch. Even if they arent huge.

Leave a comment:

• shawn_bland
    replied
    Trout Magnet Sore Lip'em all

Leave a comment:

• Big O
    replied
    Night-crawler with a Trout Power nugget as a tip. It's worked well for me. Good luck and good fishing.

Leave a comment:

• Jamus
    replied
    people will say bait and spinners.all good! but try this...the" Yozuri Pin Minnow "

Leave a comment:

• idahooutdoors
    replied
    Always hard to beat a night crawler for live bait. Had a lot of luck on small streams in my youth with grasshoppers as well, don't know if I am spry enough to catch them now though...

Leave a comment:

• What bait should i use for trout in a stream about 12 feet wide 2 feet high

What bait should i use for trout in a stream about 12 feet wide 2 feet high

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad