Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it better to fish trout when it is cloudy or when it is sunny out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it better to fish trout when it is cloudy or when it is sunny out?

Is it better to fish trout when it is cloudy or when it is sunny out?

I prefer to fish them early in the morning before the light hits the water and late in the evening. An approaching storm seems to turn them on. Several days of overcast seems to depress the trout I fish for.

Comment

Regardless of the cloud cover I've had good and bad days. I do agree with Bee, just prior to a storm is some of the best trout fishing I've seen.

Comment

If it's sunny i fish shade whenever it presents.

Comment

I seem to do better on the cloudy days....

Comment

Ive been trout fishing for 25 years and i have to say no answer.It seems to me that trout make up there own rules.Ive hammered trout at 5 in the morning 12 in the afternoon and 8 at night.Ive had days that only bait will work and days that only lures will work.Days with perfect weather and days i cant catch enough and its raining like hell out.only thing i can say is no matter what the weather , just go out !

Comment

depends on if they are gonna bite or not. the other day i went out and caught several next day nothing

Comment

I agree with the majority in that it doesn't really matter. Just depends on what the fish feel like doing. Agree with beekeeper also.

Comment

Way too many other factors in play when fishing for trout to be able to say that it comes down to "sunny, or cloudy".

Comment

On the cloudy days it is harder for them to see you and on sunny days you have to hide in the shade so they dont see you. And before a storm is the best time to catch em.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad