Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what's your favorite spin cast fishing lure for head water trout fishing

what's your favorite spin cast fishing lure for head water trout fishing

I have had good luck with Rooster Tail and Blue Fox spinnners and Kastmaster spoons. Sometimes only one will produce but if you have all three you are likely to bring home some fish.

Comment

Panther Martin black body with gold blade, silver Kastmaster spoons.

~Laker

Comment

Panther Martin I guess. I also like a little Mepps spinner (sans bucktail) or a tiny Rapala.

Comment

I absolutely love rooster tails! I carry them in at least 5 different colors to match the water conditions. I've caught an 18" brookie on the Connecticut river with one!

Comment

Rooster Tails are good especially in the 1/16th and 1/8th oz. sizes. Best colors seem to be black, white, chartreuse, yellow and the purple/pink. I had really good luck this summer and fall drift fishing Berkley 3" Power Trout worms threaded on a size 10 or 12 red Eagle Claw hook. Best colors were red and bubble gum. I use a Trout Magnet float and 1 BB split shot as the worms will float. If regs. permit, add a wax worm. Cast upstream and use the float as a strike indicator.

Comment

I agree with everyone. Inline spinners are great. Also small Rapalas in trout colors, and small crawdad crankbaits.

Comment

Panther martins are da best. I also like kastmasters and classical mepps.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad