Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

im looking to catch some trout in my local river. there everywhere in the spring but they dissapear come summer. do you have an

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im looking to catch some trout in my local river. there everywhere in the spring but they dissapear come summer. do you have an

im looking to catch some trout in my local river. there everywhere in the spring but they dissapear come summer. do you have any ideas where they go?

If your fish and game stock the creek in the winter then they probably go belly up in the summer.

Comment

there wild sorry i forgot to metion that earlyer

Comment

Deep holes. Find the cold water

Comment

Is it spring fed? They may be closer to the cold water coming up from the spring.

Comment

Hi...

Ummm...they got caught...?

Comment

Some might have gotten caught, but if it is wild then there are definitely some still in there (usually the biggest and smartest). They just move after the spawn and scatter out. Try colder, deeper water in different areas of the river, and cover a lot of water.

Comment

Cold, deep water. Just like most good fish would. It helps them to survive.

Comment

Pretty sure they feel the water start to warm so they go to colder water.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad