Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm 75 and eye sight not as good as when grandpa showed me fishing knots. What is an easy knot for trout lines that are thinne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm 75 and eye sight not as good as when grandpa showed me fishing knots. What is an easy knot for trout lines that are thinne

I'm 75 and eye sight not as good as when grandpa showed me fishing knots. What is an easy knot for trout lines that are thinner than a spider web?

See if there is some kind of magnifying lens you can swing down in front of your glasses. Something stronger than your regular glasses like a jeweler uses.
    I would say an 'improved clinch knot' is about the easiest to tie.

Comment

Allen,
      I forgot to mention places like Bass Pro and Cabela's have polarized glasses that have a magnifier lens that is built right in. You might want to check them out.
      I am a few years younger than you and can see, problem is the fumble with the fingers.

Comment

Its tough I know! like trying to stuff a wet noodle up a wildcats *ss!

Comment

Look up the Davy knot on the web. If you can get the line through the hook eye you can tie this 100% strong knot in seconds. This and a double surgeon's knot to join tippet should be all you need. Both are easy for older eyes like ours.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad