Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey I will be going up to Georgia this june and will be on the Toccoa river fishing for trout from the bank with a spining reel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey I will be going up to Georgia this june and will be on the Toccoa river fishing for trout from the bank with a spining reel

Hey I will be going up to Georgia this june and will be on the Toccoa river fishing for trout from the bank with a spining reel what types of lures should I use? Thanks

Spinners work pretty good for trout around here. Also I can't remember if it is legal or not without checking, but worms also work great, and if all else fails try rubber grubs. Good luck, and welcome to Georgia!

Comment

Thanks

Comment

I suggest you keep the "gator fan" low-key while traveling about Georgia.

Comment

LOL buckhunter, I tried my hardest to keep it civil! But Gator, buckhunter IS right, the "Dogs" here tend to bark pretty loud!

Comment

I will probably be loud and proud since I am travleing with a gator crowd of 9!!!!!! Go gators!

Comment

Not including me!

Comment

First, wear nothing that has to do with gators, or you may be beaten and left in a ditch. I would try spinners like small rooster tails, Mepps spinners, or Joe's Flies maybe. My favorite thing to catch trout on is a nightcrawler pulled in half on a small trout hook. Put a small split shot weight a few inches above the hook. Hook the worm so that the worm will spin if thrown into a hole, or under a waterfall. Also, make sure that where you are will allow live bait. Good luck!

Comment

A small Panther Martin or Mepps spinning with no bucktail should work. The very smallest Rapala is good too. If you are not required to use artificial bait, you can buy a can of corn at Publix. Most of these trout are raised in a hatchery and only last a few weeks in the river so they go for corn better than anything else. A night crawler works too.

Comment

Originally posted by DakotaMan View Post
                    A small Panther Martin or Mepps spinning with no bucktail should work. The very smallest Rapala is good too. If you are not required to use artificial bait, you can buy a can of corn at Publix. Most of these trout are raised in a hatchery and only last a few weeks in the river so they go for corn better than anything else. A night crawler works too.
                    This better not give me any error.

Comment

Originally posted by DakotaMan View Post
                      hmm where is the error message.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Biden
                        by 99explorer
                        I just got an email from Donald Trump soliciting campaign contributions, and taking the opportunity to bash Kamala Harris, reading as follows:
                        Today, 08:02 PM
                      • Biden
                        by Danbo
                        https://justthenews.com/accountabili...ne-allegations

He is very...
                        06-23-2020, 04:55 PM
                      • Reply to Biden
                        by FirstBubba
                        Uhhmmm........?????
                        Harris is "Jamaican", if you're looking for a more adequate "racial discriptor".
                        I'm quite certain...
                        Today, 07:56 PM
                      • Reply to Biden
                        by franchi20
                        From what I've seen, the PC and woke print media capitalize the B in black but don't capitalize the w in white. When did skin color become a nationality...
                        Today, 07:18 PM
                      • Reply to Biden
                        by jhjimbo
                        Is a 'black woman' different than 'a woman of color' ?
                        Today, 07:05 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X