Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i just wanted to say thanks for the trout fishing tips. i managed catch a couple. but however i would like to know are spinners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i just wanted to say thanks for the trout fishing tips. i managed catch a couple. but however i would like to know are spinners

i just wanted to say thanks for the trout fishing tips. i managed catch a couple. but however i would like to know are spinners ussaly a waste of time in muddy water?

Not quite.

For a mid size Mepps, attach a minnow head to one of the hooks, for smaller spinners, attach a thin fillet of minnow.

This creates a sent trail which draws attention, and when the fish is close, the spinners motion does the rest.

Always try to imitate something that they would naturally eat in whatever condition you are fishing.

Best bet in muddy water, a small octopus hook, split shot, and wax worm or piece of nightcrawler.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to How do you fly ?
      by PigHunter
      Like most everyone else, I buy a scope to feel a need. Only a few times have I taken advantage of a sale.

The Leupold VX3i on my .308 is...
      Today, 06:44 PM
    • How do you fly ?
      by jhjimbo
      Do you buy a scope when it is on deep discount, then look for the perfect rifle to put it on ? Or, you have the rifle and it needs glass, justkeep looking...
      Today, 04:18 PM
    • Reply to Handgun Laser Sights
      by PigHunter
      Bubba, I've been curious too. This is our first and so far I like it during dry fire. We're going to see how it is at the range in a few days....
      Today, 06:35 PM
    • Handgun Laser Sights
      by PigHunter
      On 7/19, Milldawg mentioned he'd ordered a laser sight for his wife's Ruger LCP 380 and they were on sale at MidwayUSA. Well, that inspired me to order...
      08-03-2020, 11:20 AM
    • Reply to Handgun Laser Sights
      by PigHunter
      Good question. The old style Ruger LC9 has a very long trigger pull that's similar to that of a double action only revolver. I think it would be unlikely...
      Today, 06:32 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X