Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did everyone do on opening day for the early season here in Pennsylvania? I got skunked, was way too crowded.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did everyone do on opening day for the early season here in Pennsylvania? I got skunked, was way too crowded.

How did everyone do on opening day for the early season here in Pennsylvania? I got skunked, was way too crowded.

I got one which is better than usual. It was fun though after a long winter. Other were doing very well and some real nice fish were caught.

Comment

ffsnuffy, if you had fun that's all that counts. Better luck next time.

Comment

thought april 13 was the first day

Comment

I don't know why anyone would want to go out for the opening day of trout fishing season in PA. There are too many on the streams people to make the experience even the least bit enjoyable.

Comment

I caught a nice brown this afternoon on a fly fishing only stream in Indiana co. The first day here isn't till the 13th.
            Bio- I kinda have to agree with you. I have always gone out the first day(and will again) but the last couple years I just got sick of the crowds and fished little streams that don't get the pressure of the stocked ones.

Comment

I caught 2, over 3 locations. The 2 people I was with got skunked. The crowds were big as usual, which I can accept, it's the guys who camp out in one hole catch and releasing for 4 hours that tick me off, or few buddies who set up poles along a 20 yard stretch to avoid letting anyone else in the best hole on the stream. But in any case, I got to spend a beautiful day fishing with my dad and fiance, so can't complain.

Comment

I also found opening day to be way to crowded. I did have fun though, and that's what counts. I wish everyone the best of luck this year. And always, tight lines!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad