Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what are good baits for trout that have just been stocked. i will be fishing at a park that has several lakes in il. It is also

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacob Pace
    replied
    I normally put 2 salmon eggs on the end of the hook and put trout turbo powerbait on the rest of the hook, I've caught more trout (of all kinds) doing that than with any other bait

Leave a comment:

• Joe Bara
    replied
    Kraft American cheese balled on a size 14-16 gold treble hook.

Leave a comment:

• DakotaMan
    replied
    Canned corn will be hard to beat. Small hook with just a few kernels. The spinners mentioned above all work too although I prefer no tail

Leave a comment:

• fishman417
    replied
    Power bait

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Panther Martin or Mepps spinners, small Roostertails, gold or silver Kastmaster spoons.

Leave a comment:

• fisherking1999
    replied
    small spinners will work

Leave a comment:

• DEER30
    replied
    Joes Flies or Mepps spinners. I usually like ones with brown, green, and a little red.

Leave a comment:

• Ncarl
    replied
    I like a brown rooster tail with a bronze blade. I find that the first week they are stocked they bite best on rooster tails. You might be asking yourself "why brown"? It's because they are fed brown pellets in the hatchery.

Leave a comment:

• Calitrout510
    replied
    Powerbait with lip ripperz hatchery dust is my favorite. The dust is the pellets they use to feed the trout but they grind them up making it perfect to roll the powerbait in. The hatchery dust is a pretty new product that ive only come across online. Ive caught some nice sized trout with green pumkin powerbait rolled in the dust. Also kastmasters and other spoons can be effective as trout tend to school around in a big circle after planted. good luck and happy fishing

Leave a comment:

• what are good baits for trout that have just been stocked. i will be fishing at a park that has several lakes in il. It is also

what are good baits for trout that have just been stocked. i will be fishing at a park that has several lakes in il. It is also my first time trout fishing.

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad