Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your favorite spinning setup for trout(line, rod reel)?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your favorite spinning setup for trout(line, rod reel)?

What's your favorite spinning setup for trout(line, rod reel)?

I guess I'll start. Okuma 5'6 UL fast action(im8), Mitchell avocet 2 UL reel. 2lb test mostly use trout magnets

Comment

On the mountain streams I use a 5' ugly stick ultralight with a Shakespeare microspin ultralight closed spinning reel and 4# line. On the rivers and lakes I use a 6'6" ugly stick light action with a Shakespeare open face spinning reel and 20# spiderwire line.

Comment

I use antique equipment. I have a 5 1/2 foot Eagle Claw ultra light rod with a Mitchell 308 reel and Royal Bonnell brown 2 lb test line. I have caught 5 pound trout on the 2 lb line because of the 308's smooth drag and playing the fish and not trying to "horse" them in too fast.

Comment

4'6" Ugly Stik with 4lb. mono and a 1/32oz yellow w/red dots Panther Martin spinner

Comment

Wow! I feel over gunned on this one. I use a 10.5' Fenwick HMX in light action, shimano saro 2500F reel with 175 yards of 6# p-line. I switch spools loaded with 10# if I need it.And use floro leaders in 3 to 8' lengths depending on water conditions and spies I'm after. Plenty of steelheads where I fish and you never know when a 20# will hita long Lake Erie or anywhere in a Michigan stream. For Brookies I use a 11' UL with 2 # florocarbon.Where I fish for Brookies you have to crawl the last 100 yards or so through a field along a old brush line in the middle of the field. The creek is only about 3 feet wide. Giant 8" brookies abound there along with an occasional rainbow or brown trout that gets lost.4 or 5 days a year we sneak them and it's over,but they are true wild brookies in that run and it's awesome fishing.

Comment

I use an old shakespeare spinner on my 7' ugly stick, throwing a 1/8 ounce silver kastmaster.

Comment

5ft st criox triumph medium light with a phlueger trion or president reel 6lb line. this is my stream rod. Otherwise use an avid 9ft 10lb and president reel. seeing how i have put the pressure on myself to be better at fly fishing this year 5wt redington crosswater.

Comment

I use the ugly stick and a shakespear reel. nothing fancy and not expensive.

Comment

I use a Mitchell combo with fluorocarbon line and a thomas bouyant spoon or a blue fox or agila spinner

Comment

5' UL zebco Shimano FX reel 4lb line

Comment

Have two, 1 is a small 4'6" rod, flueger combo, 6lb line, for stocked trout and 1 is a 9' cabelas rod, okuma reel class 3, 6lb line. That's for trophy trout.

Comment

I use a shimano symmetry 500fj spinning real with 2-4lb test line on a 5'4" st.croix trout series ultralight fast action rod. It truly is an amazing combo, I can cast a wax worm with a size 14 hook and no weight a long distance with pin point accuracy (under branches and ledges) and the feel of the fight with a small or large trout will get your heart racing ! It's definitely not a tow truck ! You really get to battle the fish to get it in but the rod is very durable and flex able. I personally wouldn't push its limits due to its price. I have caught very large trout on this rod

Comment

4' 8" UL Ugly Stick rod, Quantum Q-Ray 10 reel spooled with 4 pound Berkley Trilene XT line.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad