Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just wondering what everyone's favorite lure for stream trout is. Size and color?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    catchmorefish

• catchmorefish
    replied
    I really like a copper john fly.

Leave a comment:

• Bproden
    replied
    i can't believe the Phoebe wasn't mentioned. I have caught over a hundred trout on this lure. Some fairly big. I go with a gold one about a 1/4 ounce? A small one anyway.

Leave a comment:

• matouse3
    ⭐⭐⭐⭐

• matouse3
    replied
    Hard to beat a panther martin- love the brown trout pattern without the feather on the hook. The black body/gold blade is a classic as well.

Leave a comment:

• muskiemaster
    ⭐⭐⭐⭐

• muskiemaster
    replied
    mepps aglia size 1 with a silver spinner. or a comet mino in size 1

Leave a comment:

• bigajvigs
    replied
    Either a 1/16 oz Panther Martin (black body,gold blade) or a Trout Magnet jig, usually gold or silver flake. Those 2 lures catch me 90% of my trout around where I live

Leave a comment:

• vtfish365
    replied
    I love the Panther Martin spinners in gold blade w/ black body 1/8 oz. the trout seem to love them too. I also have good luck with the Blue Fox spinners in gold and silver 1/8 oz.

Leave a comment:

• idahooutdoors
    ⭐⭐⭐⭐

• idahooutdoors
    replied
    1/8 to 1/4 ounce black with silver spinner Rooster tails.

Leave a comment:

• DakotaMan
    ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• DakotaMan
    replied
    Gold Mepps or Panther Martin, no bucktail with a streamer fly tied about a foot ahead of it. If the current is over 10mph, a pencil sinker about five feet ahead of a black grub fly.

Leave a comment:

• shane
    ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• shane
    replied
    mepps, blue fox, panther martin, tiny rapala minnow plugs, of course flies, and at night for big ones, expecially browns, micro jitterbugs.

Leave a comment:

• jlfreeborn
    ⭐⭐⭐

• jlfreeborn
    replied
    nctrouter, where will you be fishing?

Leave a comment:

• jlfreeborn
    ⭐⭐⭐

• jlfreeborn
    replied
    #2 panther martin with a gold blade and the red fly attached.

Leave a comment:

• Taylor3535
    replied
    The Niti.... From Jeff Pcola. They don't sell them in stores. A guy makes them in a small store beside his house in St. Michaels Pa. This lure out fishes any spinner, kastmaster, jig, or rapala it goes against. They're fairly difficult to find unless you have an order form. This lure is better than any lure on the market for trout. It's hard to believe someone on a message board and especially when they make promises like this. But, if you try this lure you won't be disappointed. I've won 3 trout tournaments and placed in a total of 5, because of this lure. If you'd like an order form, post in a comment under here and I'll try to get you one.

Here's a picture of the lure. Although it looks like a few other lures, the movement this lure gets in the water is unlike any other. This I promise.

http://s717.photobucket.com/albums/ww178/Retnavyscpo/?action=view&current=Niti-1.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Big O
    ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• Big O
    replied
    I like the sml. spinners myself(rooster tail,mepps,kastmaster,etc.)but I also tip them with a "Trout Nibble" don't know if they "really" work but it does for me. Hope this helps,Good luck and Good fishing.Oh I also try to match the "bugs" they might be eating.

Leave a comment:

• ken.mcloud
    ⭐⭐⭐

• ken.mcloud
    replied
    My go to is a 1/4 oz rooster tail.

I can't cast the 1/8th oz to save my life.

I usually take a couple of colors with me to see what they are in the mood for.

Leave a comment:

• Golfing Sportsman
    ⭐⭐⭐

• Golfing Sportsman
    replied
    A small baitholder hook and nice wriggly red worm.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad