Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What pond test line do you use for trout? Is it Monofilament, fluorocarbon, or braid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What pond test line do you use for trout? Is it Monofilament, fluorocarbon, or braid?

What pond test line do you use for trout? Is it Monofilament, fluorocarbon, or braid?

I use a 4lb mono on my ultra light spin-rig.

Comment

Depends on the size of trout I am after, and the type of water I'm fishing. I usually go with 6lb for all around stream fishing.

Comment

I use anywhere from 4-8 lb depending on which rod and where. Mostly 6 lb fluor. I have used braided when trolling late spring early summer.

Comment

4lb. on one ultralight, 6lb. on 2 others.

Comment

I use 2 lb on small streams, 4 lb. on larger streams

Comment

i prefer the 22# braided when fly casting

Comment

Well is that mono or fluoro?

Comment

4-pound Stren Original mono in green.

Comment

4 lb green mono in lakes with stained water, clear in alpine lakes.
                    6 lb in streams and rivers, sometimes 8 lb if I know there are really big, 5 lb+ trout in the area or the river is way up with lots of snags.

Comment

I prefer 8 lb. braided (Fireline) a simple flick of the wrist and they are hooked. plus it casts quite a bit further than mono.

Comment

I use 4 lb monofilament on an open faced spinning reel, with a six and a half foot Fenwick ultralight rod.

Comment

Since we mostly fish rivers and streams filled with rocks my son and I prefer 6 pound mono. I have used various brands and colors and don't really prefer one over the other. That Fireline fishinfool suggested sounds interesting, I'll look at it.

Comment

depends on my rod since they are few and far between here in texas i just keep my regular crappie setup which is usually mono up to 8lb test or braid up to 14lb test depending on the circumstances

Comment

6lb green mono.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad