Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok, the other day my friend told me about this place he was going to trout fish. He said he had to pay 40 bucks to go to a plac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, the other day my friend told me about this place he was going to trout fish. He said he had to pay 40 bucks to go to a plac

Ok, the other day my friend told me about this place he was going to trout fish. He said he had to pay 40 bucks to go to a place where they basically take you on a "guided fish" and stock trout for you where you are going to fish at. I'm sorry i can't see much fun in that. Whats your opinion?

Kind of takes all the fun out of it!

Comment

Save the $40.oo and walk upstream until you find a nice hole or two. Cast a few, try a couple different baits, spinners, flies, whathaveyou. If you don't catch any, move on. Great way to spend a few hours, or longer.

Comment

The trophy is in the eye of the one who catches it. I think it would be fun to get in there and hammer 'em, but I don't think I would put one up on the wall.

Comment

This sounds a lot like those stocked pheasant hunts to me. Where people pay money to have stocked birds released into a certain field just as they go into it.

My opinion on both is the same: If you want to do it, go right ahead, but it holds no appeal for me.

For me the real reason to go fishing/hunting is to spend time being one with nature, and to be challenged to out-smart the wisest animals that nature can throw at me.

It seems to me that these arranged-and-stocked hunting and fishing trips take away both reasons.

Comment

Half of the sport is to find the game, I don't like to do anything half-a$$!

Comment

I have never been on a "canned" hunt/fish, but I won't discount how much fun it could be. Still out in nature with the friends I would go out there with. I just don't like to pay for what I could do for free (also why I have never used a fishing guide, or even gone to South Dakota to pheasant hunt). Not everyone has the same outdoor background or resources. At least they are still participating.

Comment

I hate that crap.

Comment

well it all depends down here in texas we dont have any true places to fish for trout so as part of tpwd's efforts they stock trout in the winter months in some of our rivers for anglers to pursue something a little different and i have to say even knowing where the fish should be and then catching them is fun

Comment

Maybe for kids, but not very sporting if your looking for a challenge.

Comment

Thats stupid, i like just walking throught the woods or valley and catching my own trout. That would take the pride out of catching all the fish.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad