Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How should I fish for freshly stocked trout in a lake in this season, in Pennsylvania?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How should I fish for freshly stocked trout in a lake in this season, in Pennsylvania?

How should I fish for freshly stocked trout in a lake in this season, in Pennsylvania?

Fresh stocked trout in a lake are about as easy to catch as it gets. Those little power bait trout balls are good, worms are great, spinners are always great, and in this situation little jigs will work well too. Try white, black, and bright neon colors.

Comment

Whats' your favorite spinner in this situation?

Comment

Gold colored spinners work best

Comment

Panther Martins and Blue Foxes almost always work for me.

Comment

Shane covered it well but I like a Rooster Tail in white or black and white, barring that I use yellow then green and orange and then orange or silver.

Power bait works REALLY well the marshmellows tore them up about a month ago.

And once again as Shane says, Throw something in front of them. If it is a freshly stocked pond they will hit about anything.

Comment

I live in NE PA and find that corn, red/yellow trout magnets, countdwn brook trout raplas, and smaller spinnerbaits with ourople or colors

Comment

For that situation, I like Roostertails, Rapalas, Panther Martins, Phoebe spoons, Powerbait, wax worms, red worms, and Blue Fox spinners.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad