Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your best trout lure? I'm bored with powerbait and worms.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your best trout lure? I'm bored with powerbait and worms.

What's your best trout lure? I'm bored with powerbait and worms.

Panther Martins or Mepps Spinners

Comment

You obviously can't go wrong with a Mepps Spinner, you may have to throw it a few dozen times, or switch up your colors but it usually pulls through. If you're still interested in throwing bait, minnows and cured salmon eggs are two baits that not many people use, but I have had lots of success with.

Comment

Panther Martins are fantastic at that.

Comment

For shallow water (0-3'), try a small original floating rapala. For deeper pools, use the sinking rapala. Panther martins are my favorite, but the little jerkbait can call in some whoppers.

Comment

Panther Martin by far. It has a yellow body with 2 red dots on opposite sides.

Comment

trout magnets are easy to use and bring in some great sized fish! I fish the current river in the central part of missouri and i havent found anything that comes relatively close

Comment

Just a peace of corn on a hook and it can be red color or it can be silver.

Comment

If you're looking for big browns, try one of those tiny jitterbugs at night. Retrieve medium-slow. Hold on tight.

Comment

Roostertail spinners and small Beetlespins (26" brown trout took one, my best trout to date) work well too. Any of the small Rapala floaters, sinkers or suspending jerkbaits work well as mentioned above. They will also hit a round jighead with a curlytail grub. White and yellow have been the best colors for me. I have never tried it but those little Northland tackle Mimic minnow swimbaits probably would work. They will also hit spoons.

Comment

TROUT ,MAGENET JIGS. theyre amazing

Comment

When the action heats up in late April & the beginning of May, I'd have to say Joe's Flies short strike spinners work great. Panther Martin's are a good option but if your interested in "matching the hatch" and don't have a fly-rod, check out Joe's. This year it looks like they've even come out with a wooly booger, which is excellent for early and mid-Spring trout. Not to mention, Joe's Flies are constructed around a single hook with a detachable treble hook -- (just snip it off) -- and are great for fishing waters with restrictions.

Comment

Either a nce spinner or you could use a white, plastic crawdad. I used it to catch my 26inch, 7 1/2lbs rainbow trout. you just have to wiggle it and hope there is a hungry trout in the water.

Comment

i always have luck with blade type lures in the summer in the river near my house. i just cast as far as i can up river and rip it as fast as i can. the trout kill it

Comment

I go w/ rooster tails and panther martins mostly. Gotta mix up the colors, you never know what they'll like. 2 weeks ago, it was a rooster tail, single hook, gold blade, yellow and black body. Trip before that it was silver blade, white body. Gold bladed and gold bodied panthers were the killer lure on the trip before that! Keeps you guessin, but it is exciting when u find what they want.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad