Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm going Trout Fishing today and the Water is Muddy almost like Chocolate Milk. And I was wondering what you The Fellow OutDoo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm going Trout Fishing today and the Water is Muddy almost like Chocolate Milk. And I was wondering what you The Fellow OutDoo

I'm going Trout Fishing today and the Water is Muddy almost like Chocolate Milk. And I was wondering what you The Fellow OutDoors Men would do like what kind of bait or lures. Spinners, Rooster Tails, Minnows, Worms, etc.

Gold spinners. You'll need some vibration to attract the fish in the dark water.

Comment

I was always told dark water dark lures, clear water bright lures. I haven't seen anything to discourage that theory yet.

Comment

in that kind of situation i would use night crawlers because high rushing waters wash off some of the banks and the worms fall in the water so therefore the trout think its just another worm that fell in (it never failed me yet)knock on wood

Comment

Maybe powerbait or bright eggs, something with smell.

Comment

I would go with steve's suggestion. I've never had much success with any color of spinner in muddy water. I think you should use powerbaits or even corn. I think when the water is muddy like that, those trout want food to come to them, not chasing anything like a spinner.

Comment

I aggree with RackAttack68. I think a good enough amount of weight in a split shot and worm cast upstream, is the best way to go! I have had the most strikes and caught more rainbows in Chocolate Milk than any other method.

Comment

other than nightcrawlers id use a nice bright smelly plastic bait. that way they can see it clearly and smell it as well. when fish cant see that well they will use their smell to guide them to food.

Comment

Agreed with RackAttack68 answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad