Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what's better for fishin' rainbows this early in the season, lures or trout bait such as salmon eggs, power bait etc. I live in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what's better for fishin' rainbows this early in the season, lures or trout bait such as salmon eggs, power bait etc. I live in

what's better for fishin' rainbows this early in the season, lures or trout bait such as salmon eggs, power bait etc. I live in Colorado above five thousand feet.

Flies are best out there. Fishing the Roaring Fork? What a great stream.

Comment

I live in Missouri which is alot closer to sea level than where you are but we have some great trout streams and no matter what time of year one of my favorite things to use is the trout magnet. The white looks similar to a piece of gut floating.

Comment

I am also in CO the past week I have caught lots and lots on the panther martin yellow with red dot spinner, the five of diamonds daredevil and a rainbow patterned krokodile. That being said while I spin fish or fly fish where allowed a toss in some power bait not the dow or pellets but the round rubber looking balls (the exact name escapes me) the green chartreuse have been doing wll on the lower Ark peublo area and 11 mile. It also doesn't hust to cut one in half and tip the back hook with it for some scent. hope this helps.

Comment

Agreed with steve182 answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad