Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody have any experience with Trout Magnets? I hear they're the best thing since sliced bread but apparently we don't know h

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody have any experience with Trout Magnets? I hear they're the best thing since sliced bread but apparently we don't know h

Anybody have any experience with Trout Magnets? I hear they're the best thing since sliced bread but apparently we don't know how to use them. Thanks and tight lines.

I float them on a fly pole like a nymph, caught 5 in two hours like that.

Comment

I though you threw in a bunch of corn filled with metal shavings and then come back in an hour. Just drag magnet across the bottom and take your limit of the trout you want and let the rest go.

Comment

Does anybody know how to use Duck Tape? I've tried it in different colors, but never caught nothing with it yet.

Comment

Never heard of them. What is it? Spinner, power bait, fly?

Comment

It's a small rubber jig that comes in different colors with different heads available for it. There is also one for crappie.
            https://www.troutmagnet.com/store/ONLINE-ONLY-SPECIALS-c-15_49.html

Comment

Just looking at them it looks like a small jig or rigging them on a Beetlespin would be the way to go. Maybe texas rigged but you would have to find a pretty small EWG hook. I would try the jig or especially the Bettlespin first, those things catch just about anything that swims.

Comment

never heard of them until now. guess i'm not as up to speed as i need to be.

Comment

my buddy wrecks trout by quick snapping them up at an angle

Comment

I'm kind of suprised so few have heard of them. I am like you 007, I've used them a couple times but haven't found a system that works so far. I've only worked them similar to how I would a crappie jig or even streamer, twitching across the current. But they seem like the new hot thing the last couple years around the stores and creek sides.

Comment

is there a system to all the colors? i'd like to try these down by ithaca, ny. i hear there are a lot of trout in that lake.

Comment

Friend and his son swear by them and got their limits with them last weekend in the Smoke Holes. That's about all they use.

Comment

I use to use a big magnet on the end of my line for steelhead.
                          Throw it out there and whop! And it only worked for STEELhead, wouildn't attract a sucker, or any other fish.

Comment

I mainly only use trout magnet. I haven't gone out once and not had trout atleast follwing the magnet. I constantly change up the colors and presentation to see which is working best that day or for that stream. I've also caught bass, sunfish, crappie, bluegills, and strangely enough catfish.

Comment

Hey 007, I use trout magnets all the time here in WV. After finding out that they were started in Moatsville, WV i decided i'd give them a shot and they have now always been in my vest. White with a gold head is usually my ticket. The trick is to throw it a good ways up stream and let it drift to the bottom or as close as possible, then snap your ur wrist giving the magnet a hard twitch. Try to not just let it dead drift as the fish just seem uninterested. Often times after the twitch is when i get most of my strikes. Brookies and Browns seem to take to the magnets more than the rainbows, atleast with my experience but thats not to say rainbows still won't pound them. I've also took a very small ball, just enough to cover the exposed hook, of berkley's orange, salmon peach, or garlic powerbait and have had deadly results. Mostly with a white magnet, gold head, and small ball of orange powerbait. Hope this helps you out and good luck, let me know if you have any success with this.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Season ends
                                by WA Mtnhunter
                                I’m 70, battling cancer, trying to stay in shape, and still working my dogs. Not going to quit until I can’t get on my feet. I’ve had a good run,...
                                Today, 10:39 PM
                              • Season ends
                                by Ontario Honker Hunter
                                On my way home ... finally. Headed to West Side (Montana) for Thanksgiving with my brothers but a very nasty blizzard delayed me till Saturday. After...
                                Today, 12:41 AM
                              • Reply to Virginia Gun Confiscation !
                                by Sarge01
                                If Virginia had followed through with their anti gun legislation you would have seen the start of the 2nd civil war in the US.
                                Today, 10:26 PM
                              • Virginia Gun Confiscation !
                                by bowhunter75richard
                                Virginia legislature has dropped it’s AR-15 confiscation ruling. They have now stated those who presently own these weapons can continue to do so,...
                                Today, 05:33 PM
                              • Reply to Pet Peeves
                                by fitch270
                                My boy does the "I mean" thing quite often, usually when he's trying to think of how to explain something. I have no idea where he got it from,...
                                Today, 10:21 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X