Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best way to cook/fry/bake/grilll a brown trout?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best way to cook/fry/bake/grilll a brown trout?

What is the best way to cook/fry/bake/grilll a brown trout?

I like them grilled, smoked, filleted, and fried. The only time I skin them is for fillets. To grill them I wrap them in aluminum foil with some lemon-pepper, garlic, onion, and butter. About 15 minutes a side, or when the eyeballs turn white and the meat flakes easily. To smoke them I just place them in my smoker with some sort of hardwood for flavor. When I fry them I use cornmeal and fish fry. Fry them till golden brown or when the meat flakes easily. Thats how I do The fillets and whole trout. Makes me hungry!

Comment

I have tried trout a couple of times and didn't like them on either occasion. HOWEVER, "whiteriverguides" suggestions sound pretty tastey. Furthermore, anyone who goes by the name "whiteriverguides" probably has a pretty good idea of how to prepare brown trout. I would say take the advice above me here and run with it!!!

Comment

bake the whole thing with creamcheese

Comment

I like a simple approach, just a little butter, lemon juice, and black pepper, grilled in a cast iron skillet until the fish is done.

Comment

I dont know much, but garlic works great

Comment

When ever i cook trout i butterfly it and throw it on the grill, every couple minutes i brush garlic butter on it...mmmmmmmmmm.

Comment

Smoked lightly please!

Comment

I like mine filleted then dipped in beer batter then fried.ummm!!!

Comment

http://linger.typepad.com/photos/clean_and_cook_em

Comment

GRILLED TROUT
                      6 med. trout (dressed for grilling)
                      1/4 lb. butter, melted
                      1/4 bottle A-1
                      1/4 bottle Worcestershire sauce
                      1 lemon
                      1/2 tbsp. salt
                      1/2 tbsp. seasoned salt
                      1/4 tsp. pepper

Have brown trout heads off, leave scales on, split to lay flat and gut fish. Prepare sauce and pour over fish for marinade. Keep in refrigerator for at least 1 hour. Place fish directly on grill, scales down, baste with sauce, and cook until fish flakes when basted. Usually the cooking time varies from 10 to 15 minutes. Serve immediately on warm plates. Serves 6.

Comment

Originally posted by DanInArkinsaw View Post
                        I have tried trout a couple of times and didn't like them on either occasion. HOWEVER, "whiteriverguides" suggestions sound pretty tastey. Furthermore, anyone who goes by the name "whiteriverguides" probably has a pretty good idea of how to prepare brown trout. I would say take the advice above me here and run with it!!!
                        This is for larger brown trout, up to 10lbs. I wash the slime off the skin, dont scale them. Then I fillet them first leaving the skin on. Next I fire up the grill and get it hot. I brush on lemon juice, and sprinkle with lemon pepper seasoning and garlic powder, let stand for 10 minutes. I place them directly on the grill, NO FOIL! skin side down first. about 10 minutes (my grill is outside and its usually cold when I cook them)flip and do the other side. remove skin while on the grill and feed it to your dog, good for his skin. then flip it back on the skin side just to get grill marks. serve with fresh squeezed lemon juice. Oh these are soooo good. I cant believe the number of people I meet that dont like them. But then again< I guess thats why there is chocolate and vanilla.

Comment

This is for larger brown trout, up to 10lbs. I wash the slime off the skin, dont scale them. Then I fillet them first leaving the skin on. Next I fire up the grill and get it hot. I brush on lemon juice, and sprinkle with lemon pepper seasoning and garlic powder, let stand for 10 minutes. I place them directly on the grill, NO FOIL! skin side down first. about 10 minutes (my grill is outside and its usually cold when I cook them)flip and do the other side. remove skin while on the grill and feed it to your dog, good for his skin. then flip it back on the skin side just to get grill marks. serve with fresh squeezed lemon juice. Oh these are soooo good. I cant believe the number of people I meet that dont like them. But then again< I guess thats why there is chocolate and vanilla.
                          MG Chuley - 31 Dec 2014 9:42 am

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to lightfoot lindsey graham
                            by jhjimbo
                            Jack and Mike are comming to D.C. tomorrow.
                            Obama investigation and related investigations is being quarterbacked by Barr.

Congratulations...
                            Today, 11:58 AM
                          • lightfoot lindsey graham
                            by crm3006
                            Fox’s Lou Dobbs slams Lindsey Graham, ‘betrayed the American people’

October 24, 2020

Fox Business’ Lou Dobbs had some harsh...
                            Yesterday, 08:19 AM
                          • Reply to Rest Easy
                            by jhjimbo
                            Best way to take the heat off AR type rifles is to show more pictures of AR's with game taken in various hunting articles, show more AR's in the hands...
                            Today, 11:51 AM
                          • Rest Easy
                            by jhjimbo
                            Rest easy 2nd amendment, you are safe now - for the time being....
                            Yesterday, 08:55 PM
                          • Reply to biden corruption! This is some serious stuff.
                            by crm3006
                            "So SANTA is fake"

Oh ye of little faith, and an overload of cynicism! Santa exists, and is proven to exist, every Christmas! Santa...
                            Today, 11:32 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X