Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone here know any good places to get information on some personal research I am doing on the different types of lures or

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone here know any good places to get information on some personal research I am doing on the different types of lures or

Does anyone here know any good places to get information on some personal research I am doing on the different types of lures or "artificial" baits that trout will bite, not just flies. Does anyone know where I can get some good info on this subject?

When i got intro trout fishing i went to the local library alot. Chances are that the one near you will have lots of good books or videos. If not then Bass Pro Shops Outdoor Library should have something

Comment

i've had good success with powerbait grubs in smaller streams and Kastmaster spoons in larger streams

Comment

Go to each state DNR website. Quite often they give tips on what to use for trout and other species.

Comment

Small minnow plugs, spinners, spoons.

Comment

When I first started I just paired up with some local anglers and asked a lot of questions, nothing like hands on training to better your knowledge.

Comment

no but i can tell you more stuff about lure fishing then any book.ive lured fished almost ever kind of lure out there and in every kind of stream or creek for last 25 years.Ask away and i will answer.Or just try the internet.good luck!

Comment

I'd google it or go on ask.com. good luck!

Comment

Agreed with buckhunter answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad