Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am going to the summer semester at BYU this summer and cannot bear to spend a summer without fishing. I hear that the Provo Ri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am going to the summer semester at BYU this summer and cannot bear to spend a summer without fishing. I hear that the Provo Ri

I am going to the summer semester at BYU this summer and cannot bear to spend a summer without fishing. I hear that the Provo River is within walking distance of campus. My dad said that when he went to BYU the Provo fished pretty well. Does anyone know if the Lower Provo is any good during the summer these days? I am planning on just fishing a worm on a snell rig.

Been there but never fished it. I would imagine that the trout fishing is good even in the warmer months because of the melting snowfields and cold spings that feed it. You should expand your tackle a little though. Try salmon eggs, spinners, spoons, etc. If i was going to spend much time there i'd really focus on fly-fishing though. Good luck.

Comment

I've got spinners and spoons and salmon eggs out the wazoo so I'll definately give them a try. I've heard that the lower provo is fished heavily, so flyfishing is a challenge. I am a novice fly fisherman, so I'll probably just borrow my grandpa's rod and cast Dave's hoppers when the mood strikes me right.

Comment

Try the middle section in the canyons, hike a bit and you will be rewarded greatly. Even above Jordanelle is a fun place to go.

Comment

Agreed with babsfish4life answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad