Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the best lure or bait i can use in a small srook there are parts that are only 6-7 inches deep with alota holes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skeeb
    replied
    Wax worms hammer brook trout, which it sounds like your fishing and even if your not, I catch brookies, browns, and rainbows with them.

Leave a comment:

• hunt_fish_sleep
    replied
    I've had good success with Mepp's spinners in very shallow rivers.

Leave a comment:

• tourneyking734
    replied
    WORMS are what you want and the smallest castmasters you can find. If you fly fish, in my experience a mickey finn works excellent on little streams if you cast downstream and slowly strip it up the stream

Leave a comment:

• RangerJDG
    replied
    THE BEST BAIT ARE THE SPINNER BAITS THAT ARE JUST THE SILVER PIECE. OR A GREAT LURE IS A FLY

Leave a comment:

• shane
    replied
    Beekeeper nailed it.

I would also try a tiny floating minnow in some cases. Replace the back hook with a single hook, cut one of the trebles off of the front hook. We can thank John Merwin for that little tip.

If there are brown trout in there, try one of those super tiny jitterbugs. The brook you speak of is probably too small for this technique, but big browns will clobber these, especially at night.

Leave a comment:

• wallofsam
    replied
    Ultra-light rig with the smallest panther martin or mepps spinner if Beekeepers idea doesn't work.

Leave a comment:

• hickboy518
    replied
    small brook** sorry for that mistake

Leave a comment:

• Beekeeper
    replied
    Try drifting live baits such as worms or crickets into the holes using ultra light tackle, 4 pound line and perhaps a small split shot for weight.

Leave a comment:

• Whats the best lure or bait i can use in a small srook there are parts that are only 6-7 inches deep with alota holes

Whats the best lure or bait i can use in a small srook there are parts that are only 6-7 inches deep with alota holes

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad