Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the best lure or bait i can use in a small srook there are parts that are only 6-7 inches deep with alota holes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the best lure or bait i can use in a small srook there are parts that are only 6-7 inches deep with alota holes

Whats the best lure or bait i can use in a small srook there are parts that are only 6-7 inches deep with alota holes

Try drifting live baits such as worms or crickets into the holes using ultra light tackle, 4 pound line and perhaps a small split shot for weight.

Comment

small brook** sorry for that mistake

Comment

Ultra-light rig with the smallest panther martin or mepps spinner if Beekeepers idea doesn't work.

Comment

Beekeeper nailed it.

I would also try a tiny floating minnow in some cases. Replace the back hook with a single hook, cut one of the trebles off of the front hook. We can thank John Merwin for that little tip.

If there are brown trout in there, try one of those super tiny jitterbugs. The brook you speak of is probably too small for this technique, but big browns will clobber these, especially at night.

Comment

THE BEST BAIT ARE THE SPINNER BAITS THAT ARE JUST THE SILVER PIECE. OR A GREAT LURE IS A FLY

Comment

WORMS are what you want and the smallest castmasters you can find. If you fly fish, in my experience a mickey finn works excellent on little streams if you cast downstream and slowly strip it up the stream

Comment

I've had good success with Mepp's spinners in very shallow rivers.

Comment

Wax worms hammer brook trout, which it sounds like your fishing and even if your not, I catch brookies, browns, and rainbows with them.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Visible Voter "fraud"
                    by FirstBubba
                    You have a very great point there, jhjimbo.
                    What we (?) do have is a media that won't expose it for the corruption it is and prefer to hide the...
                    Today, 04:24 PM
                  • Visible Voter "fraud"
                    by FirstBubba
                    First. Note that in Milwaukee, WI, another 386 uncounted votes were found(?).

On to bigger and much more visible evidence.

Yesterday, 10:13 AM
                  • Reply to The happiest of Thanksgivings my friends
                    by rock rat
                    A time to count our blessings. Lots of wood for the stove, kids watching the tube, mom thinking of new ways to grow plants, and more food than we could...
                    Today, 03:25 PM
                  • The happiest of Thanksgivings my friends
                    by dewman
                    Thank you my Lord, for the time we were given to fellowship together here, for however the duration. Thank you for the knowledge passed, the ideas shared,...
                    Today, 08:40 AM
                  • Reply to Copper bullets
                    by rock rat
                    As I understand it lead from paint and lead from leaded gasoline is absorbed into the body much easier, than the bits from game meat. A famous study of...
                    Today, 03:21 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X