Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't rele know what to use for the different types of seasons here in wisconsin for trout. If some of you could give me some

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't rele know what to use for the different types of seasons here in wisconsin for trout. If some of you could give me some

I don't rele know what to use for the different types of seasons here in wisconsin for trout. If some of you could give me some flies and when to use them they would be greatly apreciated.

Im sure that this doesn't exactly answer your question but I always use worms. Nighcrawlers work awesome if you use a whole one and let the tail hang off. But if you are using artificial only then I can always trust a flie that resembles a crcket or a 'hopper. Just let it float down of the hole and swirl a few times, if you donr get a strike right away try a couple of times and let the fly float in different directions.
    Hope that helps a little.

Comment

Wooly buggers are great all year round, I like dark red and black bead headed ones the best. Elk hair caddis nymph is also one I've used.

Comment

I'm not from up that way but I got a trick that works for me, and I'm sure it will work for you. When you are fishing and all those bugs are buzzing in your ears and eyes and just annoying the heck out of ya. Kill one and match a fly to it as best you can. If that doesn't work, you usually can't go wrong with black.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad