Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

trout opener is approaching in w.pa, a group of go up to my family's hunting camp on tionesta creek, for alot of us its the firs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trout opener is approaching in w.pa, a group of go up to my family's hunting camp on tionesta creek, for alot of us its the firs

trout opener is approaching in w.pa, a group of go up to my family's hunting camp on tionesta creek, for alot of us its the first chance of the year to put lines in the water, and cook hotdogs by the fire. the weekend is complete with fishing and drinking competitions/trophies, anyone else have a similar experience/ritual?

No real tradition/ritual other than I have never missed 1st since I was a small child and never intend on missing a first day.

Comment

My buddy and I used to fish PA the first weekend of every month, regardlesss of weather. This did not last long since he developed cancer and pass away. I have not fished PA since and he passed in 1998.

I have a 5 day trip planned for Central PA the end of April. I'm sure it will be good to be back.

Comment

I used to love opening day when I was a little kid. It had that almost carnival atmosphere, since we just fished stocked waters near town. We didn't have a ritual, per se, other than going out and staking out our little piece of the shore from which to fish.

Now I live where the season's open year round. I like it in a lot of ways, but a little piece of me misses the excitement of the first day.

Comment

At our camp we have a Cast&Blast weeekend either late April or early May. Trout and Turkeys. We do have a biggest fish and longest beard contest. Any drinking however is purely recreational. buckhunter, Where in Pa. you going?

Comment

Steve,

I have no clue where we are going. My buddy in Pittsburgh said it's about a 5 hour drive from Pittsburgh.

Comment

jeff, let me know, I may in in NorthCentral Pa. the same time. Could meet you on the stream or for a beer afterward, or in the turkey woods.

Comment

jeff, let me know, I may in in NorthCentral Pa. the same time. Could meet you on the stream or for a beer afterward, or in the turkey woods.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad