Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am just starting to fly fish and i could use a few tips on casting techniques. But any information would be highly valued to m

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am just starting to fly fish and i could use a few tips on casting techniques. But any information would be highly valued to m

I am just starting to fly fish and i could use a few tips on casting techniques. But any information would be highly valued to me. thank you

there are many videos on google and they are very helpful

Comment

There is nothing like getting hands-on instruction from a competent caster, especially one that is trained to train. If you have an Orvis shop nearby, stop in and ask for some tips from the fishing manager. I've met some great guys in independent shops that will also help. They like to pass on their knowledge, especially to kids, but making you a better caster also creates another customer. For older people perhaps paying for a guide for a half or full day on a river. Not only will they help your basic casting but will show you how to use it to catch fish. Some shops also hold flycasting seminars, free or low cost. The flycasting schools, like those at Orvis, are not cheap but worth it. I picked up a few pointers at a flyfishing expo seminar this past weekend.

Comment

The best form is to go from 10 to 2 but try for 11 to 1 and it will go smooth. Don't force it, feel it. Fly fishing is like bow hunting. Get it.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad