Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for all of you Powerbait users. What is the color of choice so far this year? Last year the hot one was Salmon Peach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for all of you Powerbait users. What is the color of choice so far this year? Last year the hot one was Salmon Peach

Question for all of you Powerbait users. What is the color of choice so far this year? Last year the hot one was Salmon Peach or Maize/corn yellow. So far this spring, the fish pay very little to any attention to these two choices but are taking flourescent orange. What do you think determines the fishs' preference each season?

My favorite bait bait for bass, has always been black powerbait lizards.

Comment

I use the same list of colors every year and then go with what the fish seem to like that day.

yellow, chartreuse, rainbow, spring green, white, orange

Water clarity, natural food avail. at the time, could be a couple reasons for the what colors they like at the time.

Comment

Not sure what species you are after but chartreuse and orange always seem to be a good place to start for walleye or other fish in stained water.

Sometimes it really seems amazing how a new hot bait works only about as long as it takes to buy a couple extra ones... I fish salmon with spoons and we always joke that the kiss of death for a lure is when you buy a second one!

Comment

Backlash, you are correct, I did not specify. In our neck of the woods, Powerbait and trout are like peanut butter and jelly, we automatically associate one with the other. Sorry, I'm talking about rainbows, goldens, brookies, and the odd brown.

Comment

I fish in a local lake stocked with trout. It seems that each year the trout hit on a different Powerbait. The old reliable rainbow seems to work most of the time, but you won't get your limit. This years favorite is Lime Twist mixed with Rainbow. Go figure. I have a virtual rainbow of colors of Powerbait in my tackle box. Guess what,no Lime Twist. I guess figuring out what Powerbait to us is half the fun.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad