Tsunami customer service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tsunami customer service

I purchased a 10 ft Tsunami airwaves surf spinning rod for my grandson two years ago and he was using it last week when he got hung up on the bottom . His dad , a novice to surf fishing ( fishing in general ) broke his rod in half in the attempt to free the rod up . I contacted Tsunami customer service in hopes of getting a new top section however the rod had be updated since last year and they no longer had the top sections. They gave me a new rod for less than half price even though it was nothing wrong with the rod and it was out of warranty . Cindy in customer service was really professional and helpful . I realize this isn’t a big fishing site but I think that it’s important to acknowledge great customer service .

So true Pmacc ! It seems that several companies have yet to understand that maybe a little ’nicie’ nice is better for business and customer relations than sucking all the profit it can out of their paying customers. When I was self employed, I found it was better to take a little loss occasionally to gain customer appreciation and good will. It being much more productive than the opposite......as you have just stated !

Comment

I was watching Shark Tank and they mentioned new customer acquisition costs customarily run $35 to $40.

Comment

Jim you may be correct , the rod is the companies mid level rod retailing in Cabelas for $169 , the are sending me a new rod at $75 including shipping which I’m guessing is costing the company $25 . So I imagine that this is a losing proposition on this transaction.. Surf fishing in this area ( East coast ) is very popular , the state of Delaware sells 17,000 full time surf tags a year and thousands of part time tags for beach access. That’s nothing compared to New Jersey and New York. That’s a lot of rods that cost from a $100 to $1000 a piece , average around $300 . It’s nice to know a company is a partner in your fishing rod choice. Tsunami is making some really great Surf rods , they are light and strong with a wide selection in sizes and power . Like every new company I deal with I want to know , will these rods hold up and perform ? Does the company back their product ? Tsunami answered that question loud and clear with Cindy the customer service rep emailing me on Sunday after coming back from vacation. So if you want a quality surf rod that fits any level or budget give Tsunami a look , you won’t be disappointed !

Comment

This site may not get much fishing chatter but I bet most of us regulars are no strangers to wetting a line.

Good info to know, I just looked them up and they carry a bunch of salt equipment. Surf fishing isn’t my game but I do an occasional party boat bottom bouncing trip. I got fed up with rental rods my second time out and bought a decent rod and a Penn Senator 4/0 reel that I’ve used ever since. I found a Senator 3/0 at a yard sale and had it rebuilt for a total of $45, the Kid has used it once with a cheap fiberglass trolling rod that should be upgraded. I’ll keep these in mind.

Comment

Thanks for posting pmacc. Glad to hear they did a good job. I value that and will keep it in mind and pass it on. Customer service always makes it among my top 3 purchase criteria when I purchase sporting goods. I don't hold them accountable for my misuse but I do really like it when they go overboard in helping me get going again.

Comment

UPS delivered the new rod last night , Cindy the customer service rep called me Tuesday night at 5 pm and told me the rod was shipped ! I can’t believe the service Tsunami (Bimini Bay outfitters ) and Cindy gave , especially in todays environment .

Comment

I've seldom fished the saltwater, but now as I get older I'm thinking of different things to do once or twice a year. I was up in the Thousand Islands earlier this week, and Lake Ontario earlier this summer -- freshwater, obviously, but BIG water being the point. I do like standing there looking out over big water and imagining big fish. If I take a seashore trip one of these years I'll keep the Tsunami brand in mind when I hit the tackle store.

By the way, you guys, if you're ever up in the Thousand Islands and the village of Clayton, NY in particular, don't miss the Antique Boat Museum. Some seriously cool stuff there -- old speedboats from the early 1900s, antique outboards, a couple of perfectly preserved or restored old houseboats, all kinds of interesting displays.
                Last edited by MattM37; 08-12-2022, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad