Tuna Fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuna Fishing

TV series of tuna fisherman off Glouchester, MA. Interesting methods they use. One big Tuna had particularly good grading and brought $14,000. I think it was 500lb.
    I don't know if there is a limit but have heard the population is on a down turn.
    I watched a few catches and if you see one you have seen them all.

The fisherman got between $15 and $25 per pound depending on the quality. They actually take a core sample about 6" to examine all the way through.
    Last edited by jhjimbo; 03-31-2021, 08:58 AM.

Sounds like wicked tuna. They all are the same. $15 to $20 actually a good price for them I’ve seen them get less. Supposedly the numbers where going down when the just netted them now they actually gotta fish for them and release the small ones.

Comment

No releasing these on TV. First they harpoon and then gaff them.

Comment

I think it depends on the species.
        The big blue fin demands top dollar.
        I think albacore and yellowtail are pretty prolific.

Comment

I think they all still have to be a certain size to keep unless it Japan or China rules which is keep everything. On wicked tuna they always release the smaller ones. They even had a couple episodes where they would tag some and release.

I guess it also depends on the shows.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad