Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm looking into buying a sit-on-top kayak for coastal fishing, and hoping to spend around $500. Any suggestions for brands, gea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm looking into buying a sit-on-top kayak for coastal fishing, and hoping to spend around $500. Any suggestions for brands, gea

I'm looking into buying a sit-on-top kayak for coastal fishing, and hoping to spend around $500. Any suggestions for brands, gear, etc.?

GOOD LUCK STAYING UPRIGHT!

Comment

Try E-bay, we got a 14 foot sit on top for 200 and it came with a seat, paddle ,and an anchor.

Comment

Make sure its stable for fishing....kayaks can be very unstable. Look for a used one.

Comment

First of all, sit-on-top kayaks are seriously fun to catch fish in, and infinitely worthwhile. I recommend Wilderness Systems 140 or 160. Get a second-hand kayak and get one as long as possible -- don't waste time with the little dinky ones that are hard to paddle. Get one at least 12 or 14 foot long, with a seat back built in. For 500 bucks, though, you ought to be able to find something. Fun fun.

Comment

ocean kayaks make great kayaks. the model "speck" is what we have. We use them for surf fishing and trout/redfishing

Comment

Ocean Kayaks its the best i have a SIdekick which I use to scuba diving and fishing It only cost me New arround 400 the kayak itself then you have to buy seat paddle PFD etc total arround 700 check this www.oceankayak.com

Comment

Agreed with texasfirst answer above and A + 1 for you!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad