Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So here's my question i've been wondering about for awhile. In 2 weeks i'm going fishing down in scarborough marsh (located in s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So here's my question i've been wondering about for awhile. In 2 weeks i'm going fishing down in scarborough marsh (located in s

So here's my question i've been wondering about for awhile. In 2 weeks i'm going fishing down in scarborough marsh (located in scarborough maine) for striped bass. I've fished for them a little bit but am by no means an expert at it. I was wondering if anyone knew about fishing this area. I would like to know about what bait/lures work good. any info would be helpful to me. Also if you would know some productive places in that area it would help a lot.

Have not fished there, but we were planning a trip up there with friends, so I did some Bass fishing research. You can find this stuff on the internet.
    Inhabit shallow bays, rocky shores, coastal rivers and the surf line of barrier beaches. They can be caught anytime during "daylight hours, but as with most fish, they are most active around sunset and sunrise. Stripers will hit a variety of baits, lures and
    flies. Mackerel, eels, marine worms, herring and menhaden are commonly used baits. Proven lures include spoons, leadheaded jigs and surface and deep diving plugs."

Comment

We use palm size "bream/sunfish" for bait and fish at night here in Ark. The best I could tell you would be find a "bait fish" arround that size.
      Good luck and Good fishing. Take pics please, and post.

Comment

i fish in delaware. around here we use storm lures, bucktails, and a variety of 3-6 inch crankbaits.

the Gulp series is gaining ground too.

Comment

I did not fish there yet but I'm going to do it soon enough!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad