Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Headed to the Outer Banks of NC for the week. What are my best bets to put som fish on the dinner table? I'm taking a 6.5' and 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headed to the Outer Banks of NC for the week. What are my best bets to put som fish on the dinner table? I'm taking a 6.5' and 7

Headed to the Outer Banks of NC for the week. What are my best bets to put som fish on the dinner table? I'm taking a 6.5' and 7' St.croix, med action rod, with spinning reels. Any Advice is appreciated. Not sure what i'll catch but there's good fishing there i know. It's a family Vacation so i'll be fishing from the beach, jetties or piers i'm guessing. Or in the sound.

sounds like a good time steve...I plan on doing some fishing this weekend as well...'luck to you sir and enjoy!

Comment

Bluefish, Stripers, Speckled trout. Beach fishing in the outer banks is world class. Action can be downright crazy at times.

Comment

Do i need a "Surf Rod"? Up here in Jerzy i fish the jetties a bit, and bridges, never fish off the beach though.

Comment

You need to get something that will fling a heavy weight (5-7 oz.) a good ways. I was out there last week and we caught big blues on cut bait. A few in my party caught them on stingsilvers, but I caught all of mine on cut bait. The 'ol spaniards should be starting to bite. Make sure you have plenty of stingsilvers. Also, which part of the outer banks are you headed to?

Comment

Will be in corolla area

Comment

Sorry, but i dont know where corolla is.

Comment

I just got back from the Outer Banks and I was in the Avon area. Good luck fishing because there is a lot of beach, and much of the sound, that has been closed down to protect a few birds that won't survive another 5 years on the island no matter what humans do. I would bring your smaller rods because that is what I had success with. The best fish I caught that week, a 27" red drum, was caught on a 9" rod with a spinning reel. Most stuff was caught using Mullet. Good luck!

Comment

Agreed with cbalax09 and + 1 for you!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad