Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is a good quality fly fishing outfit thatI can use for bonefish once? after I will use it for pike and carp. I was thinking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a good quality fly fishing outfit thatI can use for bonefish once? after I will use it for pike and carp. I was thinking

What is a good quality fly fishing outfit thatI can use for bonefish once? after I will use it for pike and carp. I was thinking orvis streamline our saint Croix Rio Santo in an 8 wt but I'm open to all suggestions.

Have never fished the Santo blank but I have owned several St. Croix Imperials and loved them all.

Have not fished the Orvis blank either.

My suggestion would be to visit your local fly shop and take a few fly rods for a spin before choosing one you like. Different actions, handles, lengths and so forth are a very personal choice.

Comment

I haven't owned a factory rod in that range (I roll my own), but played with quite a few doing demos in the big box sporting goods store I worked for when I was younger. In my limited experience, once you are weighing St. Croix vs. Orvis, you are not going to get a "bad" rod, nor will you find a "better" rod. The differences are personal preference, rather than quality. I would suggest that you find a fly shop that lets you try both and make your decision from there. Failing that, my local Bass Pro has demo days where you can try different rods. Your's might, as well.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to No-Drill Adjustable Cheek Riser
        by Ontario Honker Hunter
        Mine didn't slip around. I seem to recall some grippy stuff on the inside? Actually fit very tight.

My beef with neoprene is it can become
        Today, 07:02 PM
      • No-Drill Adjustable Cheek Riser
        by Buckshott00
        Jury's still out on the Prism Scope vs. the Holograph. I invite you guys to check out my pictures and review and cast a vote.

I've got...
        Yesterday, 04:45 PM
      • Reply to 16 Years
        by PigHunter
        Jim, there's no way that would be allowed on a modern construction site. Those holes were a potential death trap without something shoring up the sides....
        Today, 06:57 PM
      • 16 Years
        by jhjimbo
        So, if Biden wins the White House will have been under the control of black/brown for up to 16 years, yet they only represent about 13% of the population...
        08-12-2020, 09:20 PM
      • Reply to Need advice on choice of 20 gauge semi auto
        by Ontario Honker Hunter
        Yeah. Too bad. Too bad this site doesn't have a moderator to flush BS artists like that noncontributory crm troll. He never gives up making a fool of...
        Today, 06:52 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X