Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i recently took a saltwater fishing trip of the shore of coco beach and caught 33 inch bonito i dont know much about the fish ex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i recently took a saltwater fishing trip of the shore of coco beach and caught 33 inch bonito i dont know much about the fish ex

i recently took a saltwater fishing trip of the shore of coco beach and caught 33 inch bonito i dont know much about the fish except its in the tuna family. i was wondering if anyone had any info on it and could tell me if mine would be considered big. here is a link to the pic http://www.fieldandstream.com/photos/trophyroom/recent/single?bonnier_photos_maintype=34%7C20501&filter0; =34&filter1;=%2A%2AALL%2A%2A&filter2;=%2A%2AALL%2A %2A&page;=0

Atlantic Bonito around my neck of the woods are mostly considered good for cut bait. They are usually caught in the 3 to 5 pound range. I have found them to make a very good smoked fish jerky and have canned them. I do not every remember seeing one 33 inches long, but then I am not an expert on them either.

Comment

I just remembered that what I call Atlantic bonito are often called striped bonito in my area. There is no class for striped bonito in the Alabama deep sea rodeo so I just call all bonito "Atlantic"

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Trump Discusses Covid Statistics
        by 99explorer
        CRM - It would be nice if you could address the issues presented in opposing comments instead of deriding the person posting the comments.
        Anybody
        Today, 01:09 AM
      • Trump Discusses Covid Statistics
        by rock rat

​​​​​​[email protected]: “Oh, you’re doing death as a proportion of cases. I’m talking about death as a proportion of population....
        Yesterday, 09:27 AM
      • Reply to The George Floyd case.
        by 99explorer
        Dream on boys. We've all seen an actual cold-blooded murder take place on TV, and the kneeling cop will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law....
        Today, 12:57 AM
      • The George Floyd case.
        by FirstBubba
        Body cam footage shows Floyd wasn't murdered. The cop kneeling on his neck might have been negligent, but his actions did not kill Floyd.
        Minnesota...
        Yesterday, 10:23 PM
      • Reply to The George Floyd case.
        by crm3006
        My mistake, I didn't realize the Minnesota AG was going to prosecute. I thought it was U.S. Attorney Erica MacDonald. ellison being a muslim, there is...
        Yesterday, 11:24 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X