Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strip basfishing in the rain good or not

strip basfishing in the rain good or not

I dunno. But I'm not familiar with a strip bas.

Comment

Strip Bass or any other Salt water fish is not good in the Rain.

Comment

better than work

Comment

Tree, I have to disagree because a lot of salt water fish come up into our local fresh water rivers to spawn. Striped bass like in my avatar picture are normally easy for me to catch during a light rain or overcast. I also catch spotted seatrout and red drum in the rain. The fish still feed during a light rain and the rain cuts down on the chances of them seeing me. The big danger of fishing in the rain comes from how severe the weather is. Strong winds and lighting do not make for good "safe" conditions to be out on the water. Light showers can turn into bad thunder storms quite quickly so always use good common sense and caution.

Comment

Hey santa..Ya know you have to Answer the Q by the way its Phrase!! in most cases need more Info.

Comment

Yes Tree, I understand that to even try to give responsible answers in many cases you must be a mind reader and or even a baby sitter. You notice that I do explain that I usually fish in sheltered waters (rivers) while it is raining. If a person ever gets out in the gulf around a water spout, they will not repeat the experience up close again. Growing up on the gulf coast as I did, learning the local weather patterns was a must. "Light" rain, light chop, and overcast weather all cut down on the fish's ability to see your presence especially in clear waters. Rough seas on the other hand do not promote the kinds of conditions that I care to fish in. Also watch the barometric pressure because fish do not bite well when it is falling rapidly. The two best days to fish are the day before a bad weather front and the day after. Fish seem to know where a hurricane will hit long before the weather forecasters do and they find shelter ahead of time. They are easy to catch while they are storing up food to last out the storm and then easy to catch when they are hungry leaving the sheltered areas where they were hold up. It is always easier to see where the sheltered areas were after the storm so it has actually been my personal favorite fishing time. I fished after Camile, Fredric, Elena, Opal, Andrew, Danny, Ivan, and Katrina as well as a lot of other smaller tropical storms and I was always amazed at just how good the fishing was.

Comment

I have fished on a boat for strip bass in the Delaware Bay during rain or shine. Had equal success.

If it is windy day your boat will get banged around so it is best to stay in bed.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to 16 Years
                  by jhjimbo
                  My Father and I built a 50'X50' pole barn to store his boat and a couple of friends boats over the winter. Just simple construction, we used 16 used...
                  Today, 04:18 PM
                • 16 Years
                  by jhjimbo
                  So, if Biden wins the White House will have been under the control of black/brown for up to 16 years, yet they only represent about 13% of the population...
                  08-12-2020, 09:20 PM
                • Reply to Need advice on choice of 20 gauge semi auto
                  by Amflyer
                  Aaaaaaaand...there goes Derek.
                  Today, 04:04 PM
                • Need advice on choice of 20 gauge semi auto
                  by derek7
                  Hi everyone,

I have one question regarding how to choose the right shotgun for myself. I want a 20 gauge semi auto with interchangeable barrel...
                  08-11-2020, 09:03 AM
                • Reply to Trump
                  by 99explorer
                  Trump is so desperate to screw up the election that he is willing and able to damage the U.S. Postal Service by withholding necessary funding.
                  He
                  Today, 03:59 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X