Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'll be fishing this week on a beach near Galviston. Any tips on how to catch sharks from the beach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll be fishing this week on a beach near Galviston. Any tips on how to catch sharks from the beach?

I'll be fishing this week on a beach near Galviston. Any tips on how to catch sharks from the beach?

O'HUSH! KNOW HOW TO HIT BELOW THE BELT!

Comment

What specifically do you want to know? Have you ever surf fished and/or fished for sharks before? In Galveston, the water is shallow for a long way out so you will have much better luck if you have a kayak to paddle your baits out with. Use the freshest bait you can get. I prefer stingrays.

If you have any specific questions, I am happy to answer, but the link below is a great resource for the beginner:
      www.tx-sharkfishing.com/

Comment

im not sure about Galveston but i went on the east coast and used dead shrimp peeled and halved i caught quite a few they were small(bout 2ft) but it was fun good luck

Comment

sardines are great bait if baiting is allowed. The smelly little fish attract a lot of good fur animals and predators from a long ways off.

As for time of day, early morning and late evening. I have seen most from deer stands.

Our team member Daniel has used a Foxpro electronic call that has worked well. It comes with 100's of calls for a number of animals

Comment

oops! sorry, add my last post to the question about coyotes.

Comment

Two weeks ago I watched a guy catch a small black tip on the beach at Galveston. He was using fresh cut croaker for bait. I watched another fellow wade out about 75 yards and he was still only waist deep.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to 16 Years
                by Ontario Honker Hunter
                I see an interesting piece up on CBC this morning that says Kamala would be a perfect fit for the Conservative party if she was running for office up...
                Today, 11:19 AM
              • 16 Years
                by jhjimbo
                So, if Biden wins the White House will have been under the control of black/brown for up to 16 years, yet they only represent about 13% of the population...
                Yesterday, 09:20 PM
              • Reply to More Bad News....
                by bowhunter75richard
                WAM, I am very sorry to hear about Scout. I know words at times such as this are of little help, but know they are filled with much feeling of sorrow...
                Today, 11:12 AM
              • More Bad News....
                by WA Mtnhunter
                My 13+ year old Black Lab is still plugging along. Not sure how much or if he will hunt this fall. The real bad news is that my 8-year old Lab, Scout,...
                07-19-2020, 12:00 PM
              • Reply to 16 Years
                by rock rat
                Jimbo this morning I heard a woman interviewed on the radio, she was the state coordinator with the Kamala for President group during the primaries. All...
                Today, 10:59 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X