Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hey guys, i'm out on the border of the gulf of mexico right now, in pensacola fl. and its raining pretty good, but im just dying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hey guys, i'm out on the border of the gulf of mexico right now, in pensacola fl. and its raining pretty good, but im just dying

hey guys, i'm out on the border of the gulf of mexico right now, in pensacola fl. and its raining pretty good, but im just dying to get out there and fish. Now, its not a thunder storm, just some nice rain, and i was wondering if the rain might higher or lower my chances of catching some spanish, or anything else for that matter, today?

get out there and fish. it will be fun either way.

Comment

If the barometric pressure is falling, not so good but if it is steady or rising , go for it. 30 miles west of you, where I am, we have had a little lightning this morning, so be careful.

Comment

Man-Up go drown some beat and have some FUN!

Comment

The rain stopped in Mobile,Al and the wind picked up. The famous cruise ship that was in the Mobile River for repairs broke loose and the cruise ship crossed the river smashing into and damaging another ship. So be careful because those same high winds are headed toward Pensacola and would not make for good fishing weather.

Comment

I expect you're going to find small craft advisories in effect for the next couple of days. You might be able to fish Pensacola pier, but fishing in this kind of wind is tough. I was on Gulf Shores Pier about 20 miles to your east and caught my limit of Sheepshead in a couple of hours, but it was not pleasant fishing. There were a few king mackerel caught here this morning early, but I didn't hear about any Spanish. The fish at Pensacola usually get started earlier than here in Alabama. Good luck.

Comment

As long as it is safe. If you are dying to fish a little rain won't hurt, some of my best fishing has been in the rain.

Comment

Rain can be good and bad. Its bad because it distracts fish from your lure. But from my experience rain can also get the fish stirred up and more active.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad