Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm going to be in the Portland Oregon area in mid September. Any suggestions for charter fishing? Salt water would be my choice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm going to be in the Portland Oregon area in mid September. Any suggestions for charter fishing? Salt water would be my choice

I'm going to be in the Portland Oregon area in mid September. Any suggestions for charter fishing? Salt water would be my choice but a good fresh water option is certainly acceptable.

http://www.northwestguides.com/fishing/drftboat.html This website has some steelhead fishing on the columbia river, and in sept the weather shouldnt be to bad. You should move your trip up! If you went around may you could go catch some halibut!

Comment

I might recommend the Enterprise, a 55-ft charter vessel out of Depoe Bay on Oregon's scenic coast. I don't have the contact number with me, but I'll do some homework and report back to you. My group did charter the vessel, but we were scuba diving at Cape Foulweather, a few clicks south of Depoe Bay. If you've ever seen the movie, "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest", the little harbor from which Nicholson's stolen vessel sailed was Depoe Bay.
      As for the Enterprise, the vessel was well maintained and competently crewed. The waters off the Oregon coast offer rockfish, wolf eel, ling cod, and a great spectrum of marine life. I wish you good luck on your fishing, but check with the vessel's skipper; I'm told there have been changes in fishing regulations in 2008, and I don't know what they may be or how they'd affect sportfishing.

Comment

Do they catch Halibut up there?...Yummy, i'd book that trip.

Comment

the enterprise is my cousins boat. you will have a FANTASTIC time on the boat with him. it is such a beautiful place to fish and site see also. you can contact him for a charter at 541.765.2245 GOOD LUCK!!

Comment

Of course, that is the time for the Fall Salmon run. Every guide from The Coast to Bonneville Dam knows where the fish are.

Comment

http://www.centraloregonfishing.com/

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad