Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have any good recipes for frying fish fillets?The fish they would be for are croaker(hardhead), or bluefish.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have any good recipes for frying fish fillets?The fish they would be for are croaker(hardhead), or bluefish.

Does anyone have any good recipes for frying fish fillets?The fish they would be for are croaker(hardhead), or bluefish.

me and my buds go out for pike perch and bass when we fry em up we usually roll em in pancake batter with a little sugar and bread crumbs and there mad good

Comment

Peanut oil to fry in. Any of the commercial fish or seafood breaders are decent. My favorites are House Autry and Louisiana Fish Fry. If you can't find them use plain corn meal, season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder to taste. Shake the damp fish fillets in the mix and drop inot 350 degree hot oil. When they float take them out. Serve with hush puppies, frys and cole slaw.

Comment

Dredge in egg,dip it in garlic salt,lemon pepper,onion powder,flour with old bay crab seasoning, and fry'em.

Comment

With the bluefish, don't waste your time unless they weigh 5 pounds OR LESS. The big ones taste like motor oil. I don't care how quickly you kill, bleed, and ice them.

Little guys are pretty good.

Comment

I agree, and I'd add that bluefish do not fare well at all if frozen. The smaller ones that go from the cooler, to the fillet table, to the breading, to the hot peanut oil in just a few minutes are the best. I like Bass Pro Shops' line of Uncle Buck's fish batters the best. Some of the commercial batter and breading products have so much lemon flavor you can barely taste the fish. I'd rather add my own fresh-squeezed lemon juice after the fact. I live on the Alabama Gulf Coast: I know frying.

Comment

Hello,
              Lay the filets on a cookie pan spayed with PAM. Brush creamy CEASAR SALAD DRESSING on the filet. Top with crushed RITZ CRACKERS. Bake till the cracker crumbs start to brown, 12 to 15 minutes. Put SHREDDED CHEDDAR CHEESE on top and bake till the cheese melts. You should also enjoy a snifter of Martel Cordon Blue with it. Then again, Cognac goes with anything.

Comment

Bluefish:
                1. Smother the fillets in mayo and butter.
                2. Sprinkle a little garlic on them with salt and pepper.
                3. Wrap in tin foil and cook!
                ENJOY!

Comment

Recipe for Southern Fried Bluefish
                  Boneless fish fillets - any variety
                  Egg Beater or Better'N Eggs mixture
                  Any coating you like (I like Cajun cornmeal mix)
                  Deep fryer and cooking oil (peanut oil is best)

Dry the fish well. Dip in a bowl of the egg mixture. Shake off excess and drop into a ziplock bag containing the coating mix. Shake until coated and lay on waxed paper. Let coated fillets stand for 15 minutes. Deep fry in 375 degree oil until they turn golden brown and float. These are great with tarter sauce, seafood cocktail sauce, or with just a bit of lemon juice. When refrigerated overnight, the cold fish pieces make an excellent sandwich (with tarter sauce or mayonnaise). Note: the coating is thick and keeps the oil out --no greasy fish!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad