Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are panfish stupid or just curious. About the colored,alien look'in lures and jigs we throw at them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are panfish stupid or just curious. About the colored,alien look'in lures and jigs we throw at them

Are panfish stupid or just curious. About the colored,alien look'in lures and jigs we throw at them

I think its a combonation of the two, just like bass.

Comment

They are aggressive fish, sometimes moreso than bass. They are curious, but if you get a bait around their spawning beds they will attack it no matter what.

That aggressive bite is what makes catching them so fun.

Comment

Yea, that too.

Comment

It seems to me that a lot of times fish will take a test bite to see if it is good food, other times they know what is presented is food.
          Are they stupid? They have a BB size brain.

Comment

It seems to me that a lot of times fish will take a test bite to see if it is good food, other times they know what is presented is food.
            Are they stupid? They have a BB size brain.

Comment

yes, they may have a bb size brain, but think preportionatly, they are usualy what, 3 pounds?
              So really, they may have a normal size brain, and fish do get smarter, like when a lake is highly pressured they may not bite worms, or crank baits anymore. Fish may not be as stupid as we think, they are just curious.

Comment

Think of it this way, if a big hot pink thing fley 3 inches infront of you're face, you would go and look at it and try to figure out what it is. Bass do the same, they just mouth it because they have no hands, so they taste it, feel it, and either eat it or spit it back out.

Comment

Sorry, my spelling is horrible.

Comment

Panfish are opportunist. They spend lots of time protecting themselves from predators so when some easy pickins come their way they strike.

Comment

I think they are just hungry.

Comment

For there size they hit like a mack truck and fight way above their physical size.

Comment

Agreed with dwaynez answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad