Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing Lake Erie

https://ohiodnr.gov/static/documents...gGuide_Web.pdf

That's a very informative fishing guide jimbo. Those Great Lakes are an amazing fishery. The waters can be rough for offshore fishing at timesbut there is an abundance of great fishing for everyone.

Comment

I have heard the record wave height for the Lake is 30' but I think it is more like 20'
      https://qz.com/576976/photos-the-mas...-of-lake-erie/

Comment

Nice cruising on Lake Erie today. 80+ deg with 3 to 4' swells - like riding a roller coaster. Working on hooking up my Hummingbird GPS to run in my Ship to Shore.

Comment

Originally posted by DakotaMan View Post
          That's a very informative fishing guide jimbo. Those Great Lakes are an amazing fishery. The waters can be rough for offshore fishing at timesbut there is an abundance of great fishing for everyone.
          Try 'In Between.Com' some good pics.

Comment

Rough coming in off Lake Erie yesterday. 1' waves grew to 3+ with caps and were hitting me in stern quarter for several miles. Those are dangerous situations as the boat can broach if not careful. A broach is when the stern is pushed to pass the bow. Best to ride a wave except that is not the direction I needed to go.

Comment

Bought another boat - 24' Thompson Fisherman. 5.7 L mercruiser. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3814.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	1.53 MB
ID:	802345 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3815.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	802346 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3816.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	1.26 MB
ID:	802347

Comment

Just about all fixed up. Left to do is work on tach, install fuse block, install swim ladder, take am radio to repair shop, replace gromet in canvas. I got the alcohol stove working, have ordered manual for Lowrance, ship to shore works good. Checked power steering and out drive tilt systems.
                The previous owner had an anchor suitable for a 40 footer, I replaced it with proper size anchor and chain/line. Topped off gas tank with 30 gal for $160. Wire brushed ground plate (sintered bronz - with gold plated screws) suppose to give some lightening protection. I wish I had gotten it earlier in the summer.
                Here is a better pic. Click image for larger version

Name:	Thompson.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	3.28 MB
ID:	802557 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1232.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	2.73 MB
ID:	802558 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1218.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	2.06 MB
ID:	802559 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1213.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	2.07 MB
ID:	802560

Comment

She's got a nice look to her, if the opinion of a total landlubber means anything.

Comment

I still prefer the “she’s got a nice look to her” definition when it pertains to a female as to when it describes a boat..........!! And that does come from a landlubber totally !

Comment

I see a walleye tournament out of Cleveland Ohio had the winning team disqualified because they had lead weights and walleye filets in their stomach.

There is video of this on YouTube but the language is awful.

These guys have won walleye tournaments before and probably cheated then.

Comment

Originally posted by Danbo View Post
                        I see a walleye tournament out of Cleveland Ohio had the winning team disqualified because they had lead weights and walleye filets in their stomach.

There is video of this on YouTube but the language is awful.

These guys have won walleye tournaments before and probably cheated then.
                        Here's an article with a video!

Yeppers! LANGUAGE WARNING!

https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2022...nament-n635942

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad