National Weather Bouy's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Weather Bouy's

Here is a link for major waterways that have Buoy's with telemetry. Go to the map of u.s. and find a diamond of interest and double click. Then scroll down to see data for that location. Buoy 45005 is the one close to me in Lake Erie. I have taken a half dozen rides to this buoy - right on Canadian - U.S. line.
    I was tied up to it once having a beer when a boat of illegals came from Canada Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1227.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	464.9 KB
ID:	799522 Click image for larger version

Name:	weather bouy (2).jpg
Views:	153
Size:	485.6 KB
ID:	799523 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1229.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	965.4 KB
ID:	799524 and met a U.S. boat who took them back to U.S.. I hid behind the buoy hoping they would not see me.

NDBC - Station 45005 Recent Data (noaa.gov)

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0851.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	499.7 KB
ID:	800087 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1181.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	1.61 MB
ID:	800088 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1065.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	372.2 KB
ID:	800089 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1178.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	1.83 MB
ID:	800090 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1172.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	800091 Came in Monday, 4 to 5' waves. Tues much better 2' and I took a 10 mile ride. Also found the Perch. About 4 mi offshore in 42' they were down about 38'. Here are some pic. The larger icon might be walleye.

Comment

I found the perch.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
        I found the perch.
        Did you put them back when you got through with them? 😉

Comment

Another great day on the Lake. The Lake is settling down so the 2' waves are rounded on top and going over them is like a roller coaster ride.

Comment

Today was overcast about 78deg. Water is about 74deg. Waves less than 1'. The Walleye have moved out of my area on their trip East and then North along Canada before getting back to Western Lake Erie for the winter. Some are getting some nice Perch - Jumbo Perch.
            There were two mayday calls today and the Detroit Coast Guard responded. Not sure of the outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
              Another great day on the Lake. The Lake is settling down so the 2' waves are rounded on top and going over them is like a roller coaster ride.
              We used to take canoes out on the St. Lawrence in the Thousand Islands and ride the waves from the big boats. Hard thing, teaching new canoeists to paddle into waves coming in, but the first time one smacks them broadside they learn why.

Comment

I cruised around the St Lawerence, Alex Bay and others. I have been through the locks to the Atlantic Ocean, then down through Lake Champlain back to NY.

Comment

Lake Erie was calm today, less than 1' waves. Hardly any boats out. Coast Guard alert to keep an eye out for water spouts and to tell them if you see one.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad