X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Danbo View Post
    https://www.newyorkupstate.com/outdo...loodsport.html

Here is one of his articles on a coyote hunt up by me
    I'm liking Featherstone well enough so far. He's definitely giving a lot of attention to youth hunters and lady hunters, which is good on the hunting p.r. front. Plus just good stuff to know about. We'll see how he handles his first deer season!

Comment

Got out on the Lake today.. Hooked up electronics and a few other things and just enjoyed the day - air temp 79deg, water temp 52deg. I did not mark any significant fish on the hummingbird.
      Lake was flat until 4pm, then kicked up to 3 footer's.
      Forgot to mention the Lake level is about a foot low. That is a lot for this time of year. Don't know why as our rain has seemed normal.
      Last edited by jhjimbo; 05-12-2022, 05:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
        Got out on the Lake today.. Hooked up electronics and a few other things and just enjoyed the day - air temp 79deg, water temp 52deg. I did not mark any significant fish on the hummingbird.
        Lake was flat until 4pm, then kicked up to 3 footer's.
        Forgot to mention the Lake level is about a foot low. That is a lot for this time of year. Don't know why as our rain has seemed normal.
        Could it be the same kind of situation they're having now with Lake Ontario, with the dams and debates between shoreline residents vs. environmentalists where the water level should be?

https://www.syracuse.com/news/2008/0...ting_a_wa.html

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post

Could it be the same kind of situation they're having now with Lake Ontario, with the dams and debates between shoreline residents vs. environmentalists where the water level should be?

https://www.syracuse.com/news/2008/0...ting_a_wa.html
          I did not think of that. Could very well be. People spend millions to prevent erosion and, the State/Fed will only let them build a break wall out only so far which makes it difficult to control the waves. The West wind/waves hit the Southern shore at an angle that makes it even more destructive. West or North waves can reach 20'. I have heard the record height is 30' which would expose much of the bottom in the western basin.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Georgia Primary (this one looks to be fun)
            by Grete
            Thank you for that, I do. Now we are together on the same page....
            Today, 04:30 PM
          • Georgia Primary (this one looks to be fun)
            by rock rat
            The big race people are watching is sitting governor Kemp vs Perdue. Just to refresh your memory ... back in November 2020 Trump wanted Kemp to "find"...
            Today, 08:55 AM
          • Reply to Fawns
            by MattM37
            Same here, fields are empty even at dusk, but I think it's because there's lots of new stuff budding and growing back in the woods now. Plus a lot of...
            Today, 01:23 PM
          • Fawns
            by MattM37
            How's your local herd doing? Around here I seldom see many fawns in May, but everything seems to be a couple-three weeks ahead of schedule and we'll...
            Yesterday, 07:21 PM
          • Reply to The Constitution or The Big Lie?
            by Pmacc60
            yes we elect by voting but We want that vote to be legit , we want the vote to be real and honest. I did not have faith in the election process in 2020...
            Today, 12:25 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X