Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best bait to use for any type of catfish in the spring????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Agreed with pumakitchen answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Leave a comment:

• Dalton Stephenson
    replied
    honestly hot dog caught my biggest one

Leave a comment:

• fishin fool
    replied
    burned hot dogs work really well,chicken livers are probably best. hook them both the same way, push the stem of a treble hook through it and attach to your snap swivel.let the liver just rest on the treble,don't try to push the hooks through.

Leave a comment:

• sayerbefiddlin
    replied
    I cant wait to use chicken livers. I used to use minnows but I caught my other favorite as well, crappie. Then I met a guy who used only perch and he did great. So now I catch little perch with my fly rod early and catfish into the night with them on jugs and yo-yos.

Leave a comment:

• cxm412
    replied
    I use chicken hearts. I find these stay on the hook better then liver.

Leave a comment:

• Beekeeper
    replied
    Worms, cut shad, shrimp.

Leave a comment:

• mdhager115
    replied
    Worms and dough.

Leave a comment:

• ETangler
    replied
    Stinky cheese and livers that have been in a cooler with no ice for 4 days.

Leave a comment:

• dwaynez
    replied
    I use shad on a regular basis or shrimp, but also it depends on what they are eating in your local body of water, experiment with a few baits and also try to match some of the baits in your area.

I also have great success with crawfish and freshwater mussels if they are available in the area.

Leave a comment:

• evspence
    replied
    MIX STALE HOT DOG BUNS WITH PEANUT BUTTER AND ADD WATER AS NEEDED, 100% FOOLPROOF!

Leave a comment:

• jamesti
    replied
    look for the first place that the ice is clearing from the lake and start there. look for the bait fish die off and use it. turkey liver is good soaked in chicken blood.

Leave a comment:

• Jim in Mo
    replied
    pumakitchen has it right, water temperature has alot to do with it early. The cats will be where it's warmest. But as far as bait, smelly stuff is the best ANY time of year.

Leave a comment:

• usmcturkey
    replied
    I always used stink bait, but that was awhile back. I had a tube of this paste that I put on the sinker, added with a nightcrawler worked amazing.

Leave a comment:

• bomberpride
    replied
    Liver

Leave a comment:

• teufelhunden
    replied
    Crawfish and perch work really well; as do chicken liver and shad. Some people swear by stink bait and I have caught cats with it, but I would prefer not to deal with it.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad