Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anybody used those scented baits that come in the little jars? I think i might gettem for crappies but are they any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anybody used those scented baits that come in the little jars? I think i might gettem for crappies but are they any good?

anybody used those scented baits that come in the little jars? I think i might gettem for crappies but are they any good?

Yea its good but not necessary for crappie.

Comment

I have had some luck using it for trout. Never tried it for crappie would imagine it would work. Let us know if you have any luck!

Comment

The only thing that I have ever used them for was trout, never have tried it for crappie.

Comment

used it, but did not work as well as i expectd

Comment

live baits are the best for crappie. jigs with minnow trailers, crickets or just good ole fashioned worms.

Comment

I have used those baits, but as mentioned above live bait or crappie jigs always produce more in my experience.

Comment

I used some scented bait this year for trapping that came in a jar. Never hear of them for fishing.

Comment

Every time I cast my line with it I get at least a nibble if not a hard bite.

Comment

Try using the little fake worms that come in those little plastic jar things. Its made by berkley I think but they look almost exactally like worms and you can use one more than once, you dont even need to buy worms. They work good!

Comment

Thanks for the answers, a small hole in the ice thawed about 5 yards from shore, cast one of them into it with a bobber, CAUGHT A TON! Either Jesus was down there putting fish on my hook or those things work!!!

Comment

Yes for me!

Comment

Yes for me!

Comment

Yes for me!

Comment

Yes for me!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Hunting pants?
                                by DakotaMan
                                I usually wear a loose fitting pair of fairly heavy camo pants and a camo shirt for the season from short sleeve cotton to heavy wool. If it gets colder,...
                                Today, 01:13 AM
                              • Hunting pants?
                                by fitch270
                                This one came to mind as I replied to PigHunter's thread up top about "What's on your belt?". I started drifting but decided it might be worth...
                                Yesterday, 10:22 PM
                              • Reply to What's on your belt?
                                by DakotaMan
                                I always have the knife, sometimes the old Ruger Single Six. ...
                                Today, 01:05 AM
                              • What's on your belt?
                                by PigHunter
                                What are you carrying on your belt this season? Here's what I had yesterday for my solo hunt on public land.

Knife - discontinued Browning...
                                Yesterday, 06:03 PM
                              • Reply to Voter Fraud
                                by jhjimbo
                                I think Trump lawyers are having a hard time getting to SCOTUS because the courts are asking for evidence and detail that no longer exists and want more...
                                Today, 12:59 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X